What are YOUR follow up Interview Questions?
You just finished with THEIR portion of the YOUR interview; now it’s your turn. When they ask you, Do you have any questions? Do not say, Nah, I’m good. Here are some questions, I’ve acquired over the years, that will increase your chances of landing the position:
- Can you tell me why this position available?
- When I’m offered this job, how soon do you need me to start?
- Do you have any questions about my qualifications or experience?
- Who will I report to?
- Will I need to travel for this position? If so, how much?
- Which departments will I be working most closely with?
- How would you describe the current management style?
- How much do you think this company, and this department will grow in the next few years?
- When I start on Monday, what tasks will require my immediate attention?
- Can you tell me what happened to the last person that held this position?
- Are there any current issues facing the department right now?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Can you tell me what the responsibilities of the position are?
- Do you feel that there are any special challenging aspects of this position?
- What will determine if someone is successful in this position?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
- Is there anything that is stopping you from offering me the job right now?
Don’t ask them all. Pick and choose, or go with your favorites based on the posting, and your intimate knowledge of your research of the position. Good luck!