10 Hunger Games reminders to running a Successful Program
June 12, 2014
- In order for your program to be successful, you must get along.
- Not everyone in the game is your enemy.
- Customers and Stakeholders matter, so include them.
- Determine scope, but assess what you must do when you think you’ve figured out that the objective may have changed.
- Sacrificing for the program is important, but remember that your family is more important.
- Adaptability is key; always be cultivating useful skills that can enable results.
- Oh snap — Someone (all of a sudden) can’t access something, and the process hasn’t changed. What do we do now?
- Know when to break (I meant bend) the rules.
- There is nothing wrong with accepting a little bit of help; we all need it.
- Everyone loves the finish line, but it can (and probably will) move on you, so you must anticipate it.
- Sometimes, you really just need to have another drink.
May the odds be ever in your favor …