What Has America Become?
Is America the land of the Double Standard? I say YES, and here’s why.
- If we lie (or take the fifth) to Congress, it’s a felony (or contempt), and if the Congress tells us what we want to hear, it’s just politics.
- If we dislike a particular person of color, we’re a racist, and if that person of color dislikes a particular white, or all whites, it’s their 1st Amendment right.
- The government spends millions to rehabilitate criminals, and they do almost nothing for the victims.
- In public schools, you can teach that homosexuality is OK, but you better not use the word “God” in the process of reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
- You can kill an unborn child through abortion, but it is wrong to execute a mass murderer.
- We don’t burn books in America, much like Fahrenheit 451, we now rewrite them to say what we want.
- We got rid of Communist, and Socialist name-calling by renaming them Progressive. We are unable to close our border with Mexico, but have no problem protecting the 38th parallel in Korea.
- If you protest against President Obama’s policies, you’re a terrorist, but if you burned an American flag in effigy, it is your 1st Amendment right.
- You can have pornography on TV, or the internet, but you better not put a nativity scene in a public park during Christmas.
- We have reduced calling offenders “criminals” in America, they are now called “troubled”, and need our help.
- We can use a human fetus for medical research, but it is wrong to use an animal.
- We take money (tax) from those who work hard for it, and give it to those who don’t want to work (welfare).
- We all support the Constitution, but only when it supports our own personal agenda.
- We still have freedom of speech, but only if we are being politically correct so as to not offend anyone, or so long as the other side agrees with your opinion.
- Parenting has been replaced with doses of Ritalin, TV watching, and video games.
- The land of opportunity is now the land of hand outs.
- The similarity between Hurricane Katrina, and the Gulf Oil Spill (Disaster) is that everyone is looking for someone to blame for what happened.
And how do we handle a major crisis today? The government appoints a committee to determine who’s at fault, then threatens them, passes a law, and raises our taxes; tells us the problem is solved, so they can get back to their reelection campaigning.
What has happened to America – the land of Free, because of the Brave?