Interesting Contract Employment Stats
June 23, 2010
Contract Employment Stats:
- 2 million people / day are employed by a given number of Contracting firms.
- 1 million new jobs have been created by Contracting firms over the past 8 years.
- 90% were satisfied overall, far exceeding satisfaction ratios from surveys of the total U.S. work force.
- 88% of Contractors said their experience made them more employable, mostly by developing new, or improved skills, and receiving on-the-job experience
- 81% of Companies cite labor force flexibility as the overriding reason for employing Contingent, and Contract workers.
- 79% of Contract Employees work full-time, virtually right along side the rest of the work force.
These are the Top Reasons for Choosing Temporary or Contract Work:
Sources: American Contract Employment Association, and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics