1 Week Out – Show Time
Weight, and Body Fat: Made up for last week; today we got 187. Only 2 lbs away from goal of 185 started on Jan 2. It’s been a long journey, but not really. Made small goals along the way seem achievable at 1 lb per week. Only stalled 2 times at 202, and 189. To date, a loss of 24 lbs of body fat. All in all, pretty good. Vascularity coming along nicely. Many folks starting to notice. One even interrupted me during a set of dumbbell curls yesterday to tell me so. (Please read my blog on Gym Etiquette: https://aidanfoley.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/my-take-on-gym-etiquette/ – Guess I should have added that one, huh?) Making absolutely no gains on the body fat check. I belong to Mountainside & LA Fitness, and checked out Pure Fitness all have nothing but a hand-held BMI calculator. Got a tip from another gym rat, checked on the site, and they want $70 for testing on the NE side of town. Grrr!
Assessment from last week’s Workouts: Overall, feeling really good, just weaker. Max sets now were my warm up sets in December. I guess that happens when you drop 10% of your body weight. Managed to get 4 afternoon (Sat, Mon, Tues, and Thurs) 40 minute cardio walks in this week. I think that made the most difference in my vascularity coming out.
Diet: Getting ready for the 1 week out plan from Body by Scott, http://www.scottstrainingsystems.com/:
- Sat -Add the oatmeal and yam back in, at least eat 2 cans of tuna, and some eggs that day. Track your water at 1 gallon.
- Sun -Eat the same, but add 16 oz of water to Saturday’s total.
- Mon-Just the oatmeal, and veggies (no yams). Add another 16 oz of water for a total of 32 more ounces to Saturday’s amount, and eat just ground turkey, fish, chicken, and protein powder for protein choices.
- Tues-Drop the oatmeal so you are now just eating 2-3 servings of veggies for carbs, protein stays the same, and add 16 more oz so a total of 48 oz more than Saturday’s total.
- Wed-Just chicken, fish, and protein powder along with the veggies and take keep the water the same as Tuesday’s.
- Thurs – just chicken or fish, veggies, and take the water to Saturday’s amount.
- Fri – Just chicken or fish until 4pm. 20 oz of water all day. At 4pm, eat 20-25 grams of carbs (4 oz yam, .5 cup oats, 4-5 rice cakes, or serving of mini wheats) along with 1tbs of peanut butter or almond butter. 6pm same carbs no fat, 8pm I would like you to have a 4-5 oz lean steak and a carb. 10pm just a carb.
- Sat-SHOW DAY! No water. 5-6 am just protein (chicken or fish). 7-8 am carbs and fat, 9-10 am (dried fruit, banana, rice cakes with jam or honey, OR mini wheats — equalivant to 20-25 grams). While pumping up, just snack on carbs.