A spin on the New AZ Immigration Law
With everyone else speaking on this topic, I thought I’d throw my 2 cents in as well. It’s definitely a hot topic in Arizona, and is making its way to other states as well. I’ve even seen Shakira, and some other unknown entertainer (to me) discuss their displeasure with the new Senate Bill (SB) 1070 Immigration Law. That entertainer actually said that he is cancelling his Phoenix concert because he disagrees with it, and that’s what America is all about. I thought to myself, What, Illegal Immigration? That’s what America is all about? I don’t think so.
Mexicans, and Other Than Mexicans (OTMs) here, and in Mexico are rather upset by the recent enactment of stricter anti-illegal alien laws by Arizona ‘s governor, Jan Brewer.
What do you think of my spin on the New Immigration Laws:
How does this sound?
(Read to the bottom, or you will miss the message… )
1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.
2. All ballots will be in this nation’s language.
3. All government business will be conducted in our language.
4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office
6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners come here, to buy land… Options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.
10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted, and when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.
The above laws are the current immigration laws of MEXICO !!!
All I do know is that there will be a lot more discussion in the media. I would like to leave you with a final short 10 minute video to watch, if you’re still interested. It’s complete with discussion, numbers, graphs, gum balls, and more. I saw this some years ago, and it is still very relevant to today’s issues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ
How would YOU change Immigration?